"CIO Circle of Excellence 2021" (hereinafter referred to as ""Award Show"") is organized and conducted by Network18 Media & Investments Limited ("Company" or "Network18"). The Awards Show will be primarily hosted by the Company on the website www.businessresiliencyawards.com (" Website") based on the Terms and Conditions stated hereunder ("Rules" or "Rules and Regulations" or "T&C").The Company reserves the right to modify these Rules and Regulations in its sole discretion without any prior notice. You are advised to regularly view and access these Rules. The Company also reserves the right to modify, cancel, extend and/or discontinue the Awards or any part thereof at any stage without assigning any reason and without giving any prior notice and without any liability.
|Award Show||‘CIO Circle of Excellence 2021’|
|Award Categories / Region||
1. Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Area
2. ASEAN Area
|Award Management||Organizers of the Awards Show including the Sub contractors, sponsors, the Company or its respective assignees and affiliates|
|Company||Network18 Media & Investments Limited. The company shall mean and include its affiliates, group companies.|
|Call for Entry Period (CFE)||Starting from April 12, 2021 (00:00:00 IST) and ending on May 12, 2021 (23:59:59 IST) (both dates included)|
|Nominee||Any individual who is nominates /registers himself or herself for the Awards Show, complies with the eligibility criteria (as described below) and participates in the Awards Show as per the Rules defined herein|
|Jury||An independent panel of experts from the industry who will shortlist the winners for each Award region|
|Shortlisting Period||Starting from May 13, 2021 (00:00:00 IST) and ending on May 31, 2021 (23:59:59 IST) (both dates included)|
|Finalist||Any Nominee who gets shortlisted by Interim Jury / Advisory council using pre-determined evaluation criteria for the final round|
|Winner(s)||The nominee shortlisted during the final jury round using pre-determined evaluation criteria and awarded in the category in which he/ she has applied.|
1. The Award is applicable to for profit organizations registered under the applicable laws
2. Nominees should perform the role of the CIO and must have performed this role for a minimum of 2 years (from March 31, 2021) within the same organization and have made significant contributions to the acceleration of digital transformations and led their organization to success.
3. The Award Show is applicable for technological initiatives and/or ventures launched between the period of April 01, 2018 to March 31, 2021 whether completed or in progress and has helped their organization to overcome the obstacles faced by the organization (during April 01, 2018 to March 31, 2021) by demonstrating innovation, grit and resilience. Initiatives or ventures launched and implemented prior to this period will not be considered eligible, in spite of incremental changes or improvements to previous projects but initiatives or ventures launched and implemented with incremental changes or improvements with a significant portion of their proposal or implementation has been completed within the stipulated period will be considered eligible.
4. Nominees will be selected on the basis of demonstrated ability to develop and use technology in innovative ways that created a competitive advantage, optimized business processes, enabled company’s growth and impacted the company’s the bottom line by leveraging CISCO’s solutions in order to highlight their resilience in the face of difficulties and how the solution was used to combat the challenges. Furthermore, nominees should have demonstrated leadership and initiative to make a difference at their company.
5. Any organization can submit entries for the region / country where they have principle place of Business. Further, the entry in the Award Show is limited to one entry per company per region / country
6. Nominees applying for the Awards must be an authorized representative of the Company/ Organization and have the authority to legally bind the Company/ Organization, including (without limitations) to the terms and conditions of these Rules and to any other required documentation as contemplated in these Rules;
7. Nominees must have obtained the necessary permissions and releases from his/her employer to participate in the selection process and award ceremony.
8. Nominees must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of Submission as on April 12, 2021 and should not have any criminal conviction.
9. The Company/ Organization / Authorized person shall enter and participate in the Awards in accordance with the Rules and Regulations as stated in this document.
In its sole discretion, the Awards Management has the right to determine whether a nomination meets the eligibility criteria to participate in the Award Show. The decisions of the Awards Management and the Jury regarding eligibility and other aspects of the Award Show will be considered final and binding.
10. Any Nominee who complies with the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can apply by visiting the website at www.businessresiliencyawards.com which can be accessed by the public at large on their mobile devices/ laptops/ tablets etc.
11. The last date for submission of entry form is May 12, 2021 (23:59:59 IST). The Award Management reserves the right to alter, modify or change the CFE period at its sole discretion. In the event of any changes, the same may be communicated on the website. The Award Management will not be liable for any losses arising out of such changes to the Nominee(s)
12. Nominee(s) will be required to provide the following details in order to participate in the Award Show:
Details of the initiatives taken - furnish a descriptive business case/account/writeup against each of the following parameters:
Purpose (Weightage: 20%)
Impact (Weightage: 30%)
Project insights (Weightage: 40%)
Vision (Weightage: 10%)
Note: Mention the CISCO solution name that was leveraged for Business Resiliency (wherever applicable). When was the initiative/ project implemented? (including the initiative start date and end date)
13. The Email ID provided for registration will be verified through One Time Password (OTP) and hence will be unique identifier for each Nominee along with the name of the nominee and Company.
14. Post successful registration and submission of nomination form, the Nominee(s) will be able to participate in the Award. By participating in the Awards Show, it is deemed that the Nominee(s) have read, understood, accepted and agreed to abide with all the Rules & Regulations of the Award Show as mentioned herein and is unconditionally bound by the rules of the Award Show as mentioned here and uploaded on the website, and any decisions made by the Company and/or Awards Management in its sole discretion, including any interpretations of the Rules & Regulations
15. The registrations for participation in the Award Show should be completed on or before the closing of the Call for Entry Period and should be complete in all sense to be considered as a valid entry. Any incomplete, erroneous, or unclear information, shall be considered invalid and deemed null and void and the entry of such Nominee will not be considered
16. A nomination form will be considered complete and valid, only if the following are duly completed and submitted to the Awards Management via the website www.businessresiliencyawards.com before May 12, 2021:
17. The Nominee(s) will not be levied any charge to visit the website, to participate in the Award Show using the website however, the network provider may levy data and other charges to the Nominee(s), at the applicable rate for using internet connection. It should be verified by the Nominee(s) at his/her sole responsibility. The Company and/or the Award Management shall not be responsible for any such charges incurred by the Nominee(s). For further details, please contact your service provider.
18. In the event of any technical errors, the Company and/or the Award Management shall not be responsible for the same. Further, entries received despite or owing to any technical errors shall be considered invalid and the Company shall have \the sole discretion in such cases.
19. The Nominee acknowledges that he/ she has voluntarily chosen to participate in the Award Show at his/ her free will and is willing to bear all risks, costs, and consequences arising from such participation.
20. Nominee(s) will receive a confirmation email of their submission upon full completion of the entry form. Entries are subject to disqualification at any time including after approval and acknowledgement.
21. Except where prohibited, entry in the Awards Show constitutes each Nominee's consent to the publication of her/his/its name, organizational information and completed Entry, including the Digital Image, (to the extent applicable) in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose (including, without limitation, the Internet), without further compensation.
22. By entering the Awards Show and providing an email address/ mobile number, each Nominee(s) grants Awards Management permission to send the Nominee(s) emails/calls/SMS (es) related to the Awards Show, including, but not limited to notification of Finalists, Winners and follow-up emails//calls/SMS(es).
23. During the Shortlisting period, all the eligible nominations will be judged by an eminent panel of Jury members (Interim Jury) and shortlist Top 8 to 10 nominees per region / country, from which final Winners will be selected.
24. The Jury members will consider the evaluation criteria in determining the top 8 to 10 Finalists in each category for each region. Awards Management reserves the right to alter the number of Top Finalists for any reason, including, but not limited to, not receiving a sufficient number of eligible entries to determine the same.
25. An eminent panel of independent jury members (Final Jury) will evaluate the Top 8 to 10 Finalists in each category for each region / country to determine the Winners i.e. 3 nominees for each region / country (Platinum, Gold and Silver)
26. The Winners will be announced on an event organized by the Awards Management to felicitate the winners. The Winners will be notified by email and phone call prior to the announcement.
27. Awards Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Nominee(s) at any time that it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the Awards process; to be acting in violation of these Rules; or to be acting in an inappropriate or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
28. Submitted Entries must be consistent with these Rules and Awards Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject and/or disqualify any entries at any time that Awards Management deems to be hateful, slanderous, libelous, violent, obscene, defamatory, discriminatory (based on age, race, gender, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or political affiliation), profane, offensive, lewd, sexually explicit, pornographic, false, misleading, deceptive, self-mutilating (e.g. relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), illegal (computer hacking, underage drinking, etc.), threatening, harassing, or otherwise inconsistent with the objectives of this Award Show or Rules or that contain images, words or symbols widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, or that Awards Management believes may violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third party or may subject the Awards Show, Awards Management, or Awards Management advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule. For purposes of this paragraph, submitted entries include content on the Nominee's testimonials, website and social media sites etc.
29. Should Awards Management determine, in its sole discretion, that any Nominee(s) or any announced Winner has violated any of the prohibitions contained in these Rules or should be disqualified for any other reason, Awards Management shall have no obligation to award such Nominee(s) / Winners.
COMPLETENESS OF ENTRIES/ DISQUALIFICATION
30. All mandatory fields in the nomination form need to be filled in all respects; else it will be disqualified from participation./p>
31. Disqualification of any entries is at the sole discretion of Awards Management
32. Non-submission of data will automatically lead to disqualification of that particular entry.
33. If at any time, during the Awards Show process or post the Award ceremony any information provided by any Nominee(s) is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Nominee(s) will be either disqualified from participation or liable to return the award provided as part of the Award, if won.
34. Nominee(s) may be contacted for any additional information or / and conduct field visit to verify the information provided. Such additional information sourced from the Nominee(s) will become part of the original application;
35. Awards Management or its designated representative has the right to ask for documentary proof of information /audit the information provided. If such a request is made and the Nominee(s) does not comply with it promptly; the Nominee(s) may be disqualified from participation in the Awards;
36. Information provided by the Nominee(s) will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Nominee(s) entry to the Award Show and for the specified purpose as agreed to in these Rules.
37. Awards Management or its designated representative will try to contact the Nominee(s) at the given contact coordinates given by the Nominee(s) in the entry form on best effort basis.
38. In the event it is not possible to contact any Nominee(s) to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Nominee(s) may be disqualified from further participation.
39. If at any time, any information provided by any Nominee(s) is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Nominee(s) will not be permitted to continue participation for that particular entry in the Awards, and Awards Management will not be liable to communicate to such disqualified entry.
40. If, after the conclusion of the Awards ceremony, any information provided by any Nominee(s) is found to be incorrect in any manner, the Nominee(s) will be liable to return the Award provided as part of the Award Show.
41. All Entries are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by Awards Management or its designated representative and complete compliance with these Rules and Regulations. Awards Management has the sole right to disqualify any entry if it is not in compliance with the Rules and Regulations herein specified or any further applicable laws, regulation/ or any policies that may be specified by the Awards Management.
42. Awards Management shall keep personal information (if any) collected for the Awards Show / from Nominee(s) confidential. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Nominee(s), by providing their personal information, hereby agrees that Awards Management shall have the right to use and share the information so collected with such other third party/ies as it deems fit for successful execution of the Awards Show. The Nominee(s) hereby agrees that they shall not file any claim against Awards Management for using and sharing such personal information.
GENERAL RELEASE/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
43. By participating in the Awards Show, each Nominee(s) releases and holds the Company, its parent and affiliate companies and each of their directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents harmless from and against any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Awards Show or with the acceptance, possession, use of any Awards (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light). The Awards Management is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by technical or human error or otherwise which may occur in the processing of entries or in the running of this Awards Show. The Awards Management will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other errors in these Rules or in other materials relating to the Awards Show.
44. If for any reason, the Awards Show is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to by reason of fraud, computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, pandemic technical limitations or failures, human error, mistake or any other cause that in the sole opinion of Awards Management could compromise, undermine, corrupt or otherwise affect the security, integrity, fairness, administration, or proper conduct of this Awards Show, Awards Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Awards Show at any time and without notice.
45. In the event of any discrepancies with respect to this Awards Show, Awards Management decision is final, and no other further correspondence will be accepted. Awards Management will not be obliged to declare / provide the Awards if it is contrary to any applicable laws or regulations.
46. Notwithstanding anything set forth above, to the extent that the preceding release is determined by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or void for any reason, each Nominee(s) agrees that, to the fullest extent permitted by law (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Awards Show, or any awards awarded shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by such Nominee(s), but in no event attorney's fees as the Nominee(s)s will bearing the same and agrees to do so under these Rules; and (iii) under no circumstances will any Nominee(s) be permitted to obtain any award for, and Nominee(s) hereby waives all rights to claim, incidental, punitive or consequential damages.
CONSTRUCTION, WAIVER AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
47. The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, and all issues and questions relating thereto, along with the rights and obligations of all Nominee(s)s and of Awards Management, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maharashtra, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision, and these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
48. Any specific waiver of any obligation hereunder by Awards Management does not constitute a general waiver of that obligation nor of any other obligation of Nominee(s).
49. Any dispute concerning this Awards Show shall be submitted to binding arbitration in Mumbai within one (1) year from the date that the cause of action arose (or, if multiple cause of actions are involved, from the date that the first cause of action arose), with such arbitration conducted pursuant to the then prevailing the Arbitration and Conciliation Act ,1996. To the fullest extent permitted by law, no arbitration brought pursuant to these Rules shall be joined to any other arbitration initiated pursuant to these Rules. While all attempts will be made by the Awards Management to call for entries, there is a possibility of missing potential Nominee(s)s due to the fragmented spread of the industry in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Region, ASEAN Region, China, Korea, Japan and SAARC Region. Awards Management will not be held liable for the same.
50. Nominee(s)s shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to their actions of infringement of intellectual property rights belonging to any other person /entity, etc. and also undertake to indemnify Awards Management, its Directors, Officers, Employees, Process Advisors and Evaluators etc. on the happening of such an event (including without limitation cost of Attorney, Legal Charges, etc.) on full indemnity basis.
51. Any conflict related to various provisions and interpretation of these Rules will be addressed by the Award Management. The decisions of the Award Management shall be final and binding.
52. If participants are unclear as to these Rules or any element of the shortlisting process, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to [email protected]. The Company shall make efforts to respond to the e-mail on a best-effort basis, however, shall not be held responsible in the event that no response is received. In case no response is received, the same shall not be used as a ground to extend timelines for any category.
53. The short-listing of the entries and selection of winner’s process is not subject to review by any Nominee(s)s. The Awards Management will not entertain any communication, whatsoever, in this regard from any Nominee(s)s.
54. The Awards Management will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the Nominee(s)s, nominees or winners in relation to the Awards Show or any aspect thereof.
55. The Awards Management reserves the right to withdraw and/or amend the terms of the Awards Show at any time and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any person or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards Show, if the Awards Show is withdrawn or its terms amended. If during the course of the Awards Show, it is discovered that an entry/winner has a dispute registered against Awards Management in a court of law, Awards Management reserves the right to declare that entry/winner ineligible and/or withhold any Award until the dispute is resolved in favour of the Nominee(s)s.
56. The Nominee(s) and winners agree that they shall hold harmless Awards Management, Process Advisors and Evaluators and sponsors, their employees, officers, associates or other persons and shall defend them against any loss, claims, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims that may be brought against Awards Management by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Awards Show;
57. Awards Management reserves the rights to amend these Rules at any time without notice.
58. By participating in the submission process for this Award Show, the Nominee(s) grant to Awards Management, its parent and affiliated companies an exclusive, assignable, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to edit or otherwise use all materials submitted by Nominee(s) in connection with the Awards Show, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, without notice and without compensation, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any Nominee(s). Each Nominee(s) further agrees that it will use its best efforts to have its employees, consultants, volunteers, officers and directors sign any additional licenses or releases that Awards Management may require.
59. By submitting, submission materials, nominee(s) each acknowledge that the submission materials, and any other materials submitted in connection with this award show, may be posted on the awards management website(s), at awards management’s sole discretion. Awards Management reserves the right to edit the submission materials and other materials prior to posting them to the website at its sole discretion.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES
60. The Awards Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any time and at any stage of the Award, to reject or disqualify any Nominee or entry that is deemed ineligible or for any reason that the Awards Management feels is necessary and/or appropriate, including without limitation, if that Nominee has not complied with these Rules and Regulations or the rules of the Award, the Awards Management determines he/she is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Award by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Nominee or the Awards Management, or has interfered, in Awards Management’s sole opinion, with the proper conduct of the Award.
STORAGE OF BUSINESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
62. By participating in the submission process for this Award Show, the Nominee(s) and each representative of the Nominee(s) consents to their personal/business data collected in connection with this Awards Show being transferred to and stored outside of India.
63. The names of the Winners may be obtained following the end of the Award Show on such date as may be notified, by visiting this www.businessresiliencyawards.com.
64 .The Award Management has no obligation to screen information submitted and is not responsible for monitoring information submitted, to prevent violation of intellectual property rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If the Awards Management is notified of submissions or materials that allegedly do not conform to these Terms & Conditions, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to reject a Nominee from the Award. The Awards Management has no liability or responsibility to Nominee(s) or users of the Website for performance or non-performance.
65. The Company shall not be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any promotional materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access the Application/website or process any transaction thereon.
66. The website is provided on an "as-is" basis without any warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Company and the Awards Management disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement in respect of the Award, and the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company and the Awards Management specifically disclaim any warranty (a) that the Application/website will be uninterrupted or error-free, (b) that defects will be corrected, (c) that there are no viruses or other harmful components that exist on the Application/website (d) regarding the security of information submitted, and (e) regarding correctness, accuracy, or reliability. If the Nominees use of the Website, online entry form results in the need for servicing or replacement of Nominee's or another's equipment or data, the Company and the Awards Management are not responsible for those costs.
67. The Website is controlled and offered by the Company in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Region, ASEAN Region, China, Korea, Japan and SAARC Region. The Company makes no representations that the Website is available for use in other locations. Nominee(s) accessing and/or using the website from other jurisdictions, do so at their own violation and are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee whether the website will function in such jurisdictions outside Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Region, ASEAN Region, China, Korea, Japan and SAARC Region. A Nominee may not be able to register in the event the Nominee is travelling outside Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Region, ASEAN Region, China, Korea, Japan and SAARC Region. The Company shall not be responsible for the Nominee not being able to access the website and/or the Nominee not being able to register in such situations.
68. The Company shall not be responsible for:
The Rules and Regulations have been originally written in English and translated in other language such as Mandarin, Korean etc. In case of any conflict in the interpretation of the clauses between other language and English rules and regulations, the interpretation of the English rules and regulations shall prevail.